Full specifications for UK cars are yet to be confirmed, so we don't yet know precisely how much of this equipment will be fitted as standard.
- Electric door handles, new seats with further improved massage function and extra-soft leather on the comfort head restraints
- Armrests in the doors, centre armrest at front and rear
- Scope for personalising around 400 functions in six user profiles and one guest profile on the infotainment system’s user operation and displays
- MMI touch response operating and display concept: two touchscreens and other controls with haptic and acoustic feedback, intelligent handwriting input with whole-word and multifinger recognition
- Natural language voice control with intelligent combination of on-board and cloud search information. Dialog manager allows progressive voice dialogs
- Main functions can be controlled from steering wheel
- Rear Seat Remote control unit for the rear to operate numerous functions
- Audi Virtual Cockpit with Full HD resolution (1,920 x 720 pixels)
- Infotainment and Audi connect
- MMI Navigation plus with connect data transfer module including Wi-Fi hotspot and LTE Advanced standard
- Navigation with self-learning function based on driver preferences
- Online route planning
- Detailed 3D city models
- Four map updates per year
- Traffic sign and hazard information, as well as on-street parking, based on swarm intelligence from the Audi fleet
- Audi connect key for up to five users, access authorisation via Android smartphones (NFC communication)
- MyAudi app to network smartphone and car seamlessly
- Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System with 3D sound also for the rear
- Audi AI and driver assistance systems with automation (level 3)
- Audi AI traffic jam pilot
- Automatic parking of the A8 with the Audi AI (remote) parking pilot
- Audi AI remote garage pilot with simultaneous monitoring by the driver
Audi A8 optional extras
- Relaxation seat with a wide range of adjustment options in the A8 L including footrest with heating and massage function, plus long centre console and Rear Seat Entertainment
- Heated steering wheel
- Optional head-up display
- 19- and 20-inch forged alloy wheels
- 360-degree camera
- Active suspension (Electronic Active Body Control)
- Air quality package with ionizer and fragrances to improve the air quality
- Audi Connect stolen vehicle location system
- Audi phone box with wireless charging (rear)
- B&O 3D advanced sound system
- Dynamic all-wheel steering
- Digital TV reception
- Rear folding table
- HD Matrix LED headlamps with Audi laser light and OLED rear lights
- Night vision assist
- Park assist
- Panoramic glass sunroof (two-part in the Audi A8 L)
- Power door closure
- Rear seat entertainment pack
- Seat ventilation and massage for front and rear
The basic equipment list includes equipment that is standard across all versions of the Audi A8 Saloon.
Equipment by trim level
To view equipment options for a specific trim level, please select from the following list:
|Equipment included on some trim levels|
Standard Trim equipment
|Standard Trim standard equipment|
|Same as basic equipment|
|Standard Trim optional equipment|
S Line equipment
|S Line standard equipment|
|S Line optional equipment|
The Audi A8 has yet to be tested by EuroNCAP, but expect a five-star score, especially considering the driver assistance and crash mitigation systems, if and when it does.
All benefit from Quattro four-wheel drive as standard so grip, even in the worst conditions, is generally outstanding. There are a multitude of airbags, three Isofix child seat mounts, and the latest-generation of Audi's pre-sense which can be used to mitigate against major collisions.
You can specify your Audi A8 with optionally available Audi AI active suspension with electromechanical actuators on all wheels, providing a wide spread between comfort and sportiness, and enhanced passive safety in the event of a side impact in conjunction with Pre Sense 360 degrees.
How many Isofix points are there?
There are two in the rear and one optional fitting in the front passenger seat.
Despite being such a large car, the Audi A8's prime audience really isn't looking for out and out praticality. It needs to have a large, well-shaped boot and acres of lounging room in a comfortable rear.
It boasts a 505-litre boot in both standard- and long-wheelbase form (compared with 515 for the BMW 7 Series and 510 for the Mercedes-Benz S-Class), but has slightly more rear legroom than the previous-generation A8 thanks to a slightly longer wheelbase.
Most importantly, there’s acres of leg, shoulder and headroom in the rear and there’s lots of storage cubbies around the cabin as well as a very nice interior lighting package.