Leading website Parkers.co.uk is seeking a highly ambitious journalist who can play a pivotal role in delivering a class-leading destination for commercial vehicle buyers.
In the first instance you will be responsible for informing, directing and executing the editorial vision for the Parkers van section. Key tasks include growing traffic, liaising with commercial vehicle manufacturers and wider industry and getting to know UK van buyers better than they know themselves.
Main duties include delivering the content that provides essential buying help and advice, and working closely with the advertising team to support current commercial goals and identify new opportunities.
You will also work with the digital development team in spotting new content, tools and editorial ideas that will enhance a user’s experience and propel the Parkers van section to being the best in the business.
What skills are needed?
- Ability to generate and edit content
- Visionary – can see what the opportunities are with van buyers
- Professionalism – can engage with manufacturer PRs and industry representatives
- Organised – can prioritise tasks and ensure they are completed on time
- Great interpersonal skills – can work with a range of people from different disciplines
- Willingness to engage with the wider editorial team and support in other tasks
- Ability and willingness to learn new content management systems quickly
Who are we looking for?
Parkers is looking for an outstanding journalist who can tick most if not all of these criteria:
- Knowledge of the LCV market, particularly relating to retail buyers and SMEs
- Track record of published work (consumer or business)
- Journalism qualification (preferred)
- Knowledge of digital and working for an online brand
- Commercial acumen welcome but not essential
Parkers also welcomes applications from ambitious individuals who can demonstrate an ability to grow into this role. Parkers is part of Bauer Media and can provide a fast-track development programme for the right candidate.
Then send a CV, a covering letter explaining why you’re the ideal candidate along with a five compelling ideas (with 150-word explanation on each) that will transform Parkers Van Section.
Then send to:
Leise Enright, Parkers, Bauer Media, Media House, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6EA. Alternatively, e-mail your CV, covering letter and five ideas to email@example.com no later than June 6th 2014.
The role is based in Peterborough at Media House and the right candidate will be entitled to a competitive salary, a range of benefits that comes from working for the largest privately-owned publisher in Europe and a career development programme.