- Load-lugging CV version of latest Disco announced
- 1,856 litres of load space, 3.5-tonne towing capacity
- On sale now from £40,333, first deliveries spring 2018
Following on from previous generations of commercial versions of the Land Rover Discovery, the 2018 model gets its first airing in the days leading up to Christmas. The new Land Rover Discovery Commercial loses its rear two rows of seats in favour of load lining to gain a full 1,856 litres of space.
You’ll be hard pressed to tell that it’s a CV at all from the outside – it retains the exterior design of the original Discovery, and the rear window concealment panels are masked by privacy glass.
Disco Commercial available with two diesel engines
The new van is available with Land Rover’s Ingenium engine in 2.0-litre SD4 diesel (240hp) and 3.0-litre TD6 (258hp) forms, and comes exclusively with four-wheel drive, an automatic transmission, a twin-speed transfer box and air suspension. From the driver’s seat, it will look and feel like any other Discovery.
The Discovery Commercial’s loadspace measures 1,635mm long, 939mm high and 1,411mm wide, and the boot aperture is large enough to accept loads measuring up to 1,000 x 735mm.
Like all other Discos, it gets Terrain Response systems for proper off-road capability, with the option of being able to spec it with Terrain Response 2, which optimise these systems to make it virtually unstoppable off-road.
Equipped like a £40k van should be
Standard features include
- InControl Touch Pro, cruise control and speed limiter
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Lane Departure Warning
- Heated windscreen and rear window
- Heated door mirrors
- DAB radio
- InControl Protect, Tyre Pressure Monitoring system
- Hill Launch Assist
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Roll Stability Control
- Cornering Brake Control
- Gradient Acceleration Control
- Hill Descent Control
- Trailer Stability Assist all come as standard.
The Discovery Commercial is priced from £48,695 on the road (VAT at £8,066.67), and is available in S, SE and HSE available with both 2.0 SD4 and 3.0 TD6 engines.