- PSA Peugeot-Citroen van scrappage now available
- Offering bit discounts of £3,000-£7,000 (ex. VAT)
- Plus trade-in cut off a year later than most
The minimum saving is £3,000 – off the Nemo and Bipper – while the maximum saving is £7,000, available to heavier Relay and Boxer customers.
Details of the Peugeot and Citroen van scrappage scheme
Like the Toyota scheme, the Peugeot-Citroen scrappage arrangement replaces other retails offers, so can’t be combined with any other deals. But then Toyota’s scrappage discount is limited to £2,000, while as we’ve already established, Citroen and Peugeot are offering much more money for your old beater than that.
As with other scrappage schemes, you will need a vehicle to trade-in to take advantage. That vehicle – which can be a car or a van, petrol or diesel – must have been registered to you for 90 days.
However, the cut-off date for the trade-in vehicles is a year later than every other scheme we’ve seen so far – meaning its first registration date can be up to 31 December 2010, rather than 2009 as with every other scheme.
The trade-in vehicle will be recycled.
How much money can I save with the Citroen and Peugeot van scrappage scheme?
Here’s the full list of discounts available:
- Citroen Nemo / Peugeot Bipper : £3,000
- Citroen Berlingo / Peugeot Partner (excluding electric versions) : £5,000
- Citroen Dispatch / Peugeot Expert : £5,500
- Citroen Relay 30 / Peugeot Boxer 330 : £6,000
- Citroen Relay 33/35/40 / Peugeot Boxer 333/335/435/440 : £7,000
Note that those values are excluding VAT.
Is it a good deal?
If you got a gnarly old heap to trade-in, possibly.
But as with most of these schemes, scrappage is just another name for regular discounts that would typically be offered at this time of year – so if you haven’t got a vehicle to trade-in it’s still worth shopping around to see what sorts of other deals are available to you.
Also, if you are considering trading something in, don’t forget to find out what it’s actually worth first. The Parkers Vans valuation tool can help you with this.