- Decent head- and legroom in the front; tighter in the rear
- Lots of storage cubbies inside and out
- Excellent boot space with the rear seats up or down
The C5 Aircross might be the company's largest car right now, but if you're looking for lounging room in the rear, you're going to be a little disappointed. For anyone who's traded in a C4 Space Tourer (nee Picasso), that's especially true. Having said that the high-mounted seats and airy interior certainly give the impression of roominess - and for most growing families, it will be more than large enough.
If you need lots of room inside to store things, the C5 Aircross is more than amply equipped, and we especially like the large chilled storage unit between the two front seats – which is chilled. There are others, too, with other nooks and crannies in the front and rear, as well as large door pockets. Perfect for families.
The rear seats – three of them – are individually split, and although they're lacking in knee and headroom, they're versatile and helped immensely by the flat floor which gives the centre passenger plenty of foot room to play with. They all slide individually, too.
Will my luggage fit in it?
It seems like Citroen compromised the rear seats in order to make the room usefully large. The luggage capacity of 580 litres with the seats up places this ahead of most of its SUV-shaped rivals, and this extends to 720 litres if you slide the seats forwards. Fold them flat and that increases to 1,630 which is more than enough room for most families. For additional ease of use, the tailgate can be electrically opened remotely via a kick under the rear bumper.
Citroen C5 Aircross safety
Connected online services are available, as will a host of driver-assistance systems tasked with preventing you from being involved in an accident.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Post-Collision Safety Braking
- Active Departure Warning System
- Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Collision Risk Alert
- Coffee Break Alert
- Driver Attention Alert
- Extended Traffic Sign Recognition and Recommendation
- Highway Driver Assist: combines Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go and the Active Lane Departure Warning System to manage driving semi-autonomously in specific driving conditions.
- Intelligent Beam Headlights
Citroen C5 Aircross crash test video
The basic equipment list includes equipment that is standard across all versions of the Citroën C5 Aircross.
Equipment by trim level
To view equipment options for a specific trim level, please select from the following list:
|Equipment included on some trim levels|
|Feel standard equipment|
|Feel optional equipment|
|Flair standard equipment|
|Flair optional equipment|
Flair Plus equipment
|Flair Plus standard equipment|
|Flair Plus optional equipment|