- Not a huge deviation depending on engine
- Lowest powered diesel will be the cheapest
- Combo Life will outlast most cars, too
The only Vauxhall Combo Life models under an official 50mpg is the petrol, and that promises 42mpg, so it’s not exactly a gas guzzler.
Low CO2 also means reasonable first year tax, ranging from £165 to £205, while 16-inch wheels across the board should be pretty cheap to keep in tyres.
Estimated fuel cost per year
|Fuel type||Pence per litre||Estimated cost per year *|
|Unleaded||128p||£1,141 - £1,141 *|
|Diesel||131p||£889 - £916 *|
* The estimated fuel cost figure is based on an annual mileage of 10,000 miles and is a guide to how much this model will cost in fuel each year. It's calculated using the model's average MPG (calculated from both town centre and motorway driving) and the average fuel price from around the country. Actual fuel costs will vary based on driving style and road conditions.
Ongoing running costs
|Servicing period||Vauxhall offer fixed-price servicing packages.|
|Warranty||Standard 3-year, unlimited mileage warranty.|
|Road tax (12 months)||£145|
8 - 12
How much is it to insure?
Vehicle excise duty (VED) varies according to the CO2 emissions and the fuel type of the vehicle. For cars registered before 01 March 2001 it is based on engine size. For cars registered on or after 01 March 2001 the VED or road tax is based on the car's CO2 emissions.
The lowest powered 100ps diesel is the best here with 111g/km of CO2, but in reality most engines are pretty good – even the worst puts out just 125g/km.
Highest and lowest CO2 emissions
|Engine||CO2 emissions||Road tax (12 months)|
|1.5 CDTi (100ps) Diesel||111 g/km (Min)||£145|
|1.2 (110ps) Petrol||125 g/km (Max)||£145|
- Plenty of dealers around
- Technology is likely to be less robust
- Sophisticated engines
The Combo Life is an entirely new model. Previous generations of the platform have been generally reliable and robust, and the powertrain – shared with other PSA vehicles – is not known for unreliability either. We expect this Vauxhall to be trouble-free for most owners.
Car checklist problem points
|Body||No problems reported.|
|Engine / gearbox||No problems reported.|
|Other||No problems reported.|