Has been a car journalist since 2004, and an enthusiast since he was knee-high to a grasshopper sometime in the 17th century. Is currently the Editor of parkers.co.uk, formerly editor of Classic Car Weekly, and launch editor/creator of Modern Classics magazine.
In 2001, created his own website, AROnline, which he still runs. Keith describes it as the 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' documenting the rise and fall (and rise) of the UK motor industry. He says it's a site that tells the repeated story of how we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Time and time again.
Has contributed to various motoring titles along the way including Octane, Auto Express, Practical Classics, Evo, Honest John, CAR Magazine, Autocar, Pistonheads, Diesel Car, Practical Performance Car, Performance French Car, Car Mechanics, Jaguar World, MG Enthusiast, Modern MINI, Fifth Gear Website, Radio 4 and the The Independent.
Likes 'conditionally challenged' motors and taking them on unfeasible adventures all across Europe.
Some of Keith's tips for Parkers readers are:
- Always shop around and never accept the first deal
- Work out your monthly budget and stick to it
- Go into any car buying process with your eyes open, and be prepared to haggle – you're likely to end up with a better car than you might imagine, especially if you're paying monthly
Keith says, 'I'm addicted to buying cars, and you'll often find me scouring the used car classified ads or pounding the dealers for my next moneypit - I mean, bargain. I've had my name on the logbooks of more than 250 now, which is probably not a good thing - although I've been driving longer than I care to admit. I'm driven by the desire to see people get a fair deal when buying their cars - and here on Parkers, I'm able to realise that goal.'
Keith is expert in...
- The British motor industry
- Old French cars
- Buying and selling cars
- Giving out car consumer advice
- Running automotive websites
- and... restoring Rover SD1s!