- Series II model of Rolls-Royce Phantom unveiled
- Include Saloon model, Drophead Coupe and Coupe
- Improved drivetrains and some new technology
The super-luxury brand shows off a new version of the Phantom - the Series II.
Parkers Pick - Phantom Series II
- What is it? The second installment of one of the ultimate signs of luxury. The first version has been on sale now for around eight years, so the luxury brand has seen fit to spruce it up a little.
- Vital stats and facts: The big news is a new eight-speed automatic gearbox fitted to the already excellent V12 direct injection engine. This means a 10% drop in emissions, although it still pumps out a hefty 349g/km - down from 388g/km. For the full low-down on the new Phantom, click here for sister title Car Magazine's story.
- Why would you buy it? If you need to be driven around in luxury while reading the FT, this is the ultimate car to sit back and relax in. It may not look modern, but there are few cars that are as comfortable and as stately.
- Why wouldn’t you? In a world where bankers' bonuses are frowned upon, there's little chance you're going to get one on the business account. You'll need a hefty bank balance to be able to afford one privately, too.
- Prices and launch date: The current Phantom costs an eye-watering £285,000, so expect this version to come in at a similar price, if not more. There are not details yet when it will arrive in the UK.
For more news from the Geneva Motor Show 2012, click here.