Lexus IS saloon model history
- February 2013 – Third-generation Lexus IS saloon available to order in petrol-engined IS 250 and petrol-electric hybrid IS 300h guises. The range structure starts with SE and moves up through Luxury, F Sport and up to Premier – both drivetrains are available with each trim combination.
- June 2014 – The range is fleshed out further with the launch of the IS 300h Executive Edition, sitting just about the entry-level SE. Standard features include a full leather interior and sat-nav, with 17-inch alloy wheels sprucing up the exterior.
- April 2015 – New Advance trim level introduced for the IS 300h featuring many of the more expensive Luxury version’s core features such as leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats and 17-inch alloy wheels. Modifications see a reduction in CO2 emissions across the range with the entry-level IS 300h SE emitting just 97g/km.
- September 2015 – IS range expanded with the introduction of the 200t versions, powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged engine developing 245hp. An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard, with the IS 200t available in Sport, F Sport and Premier specifications. All IS 250 models are discontinued.
- December 2016 – Facelifted IS range available to order, with first deliveries in January 2017. Visually the changes are centred around a modified front end, with high-spec models featuring LED headlamps, while the suspension and dampers have been tweaked to improve handling and make it more comfortable. The biggest revamp for the cabin centres around an improved multimedia system. The specification hierarchy of SE, Executive Edition, Sport, Advance, Luxury, F Sport and Premier remains, with the IS 200t only available in conjunction with the top two trims.