- Toyota recalls thousands of cars to fix faulty accelerator pedal
- Aygo, iQ, Yaris, Auris, Corolla, Verso, Avensis and RAV4 affected
- Issue will also affect Peugeot 107 and Citroen C1 models
Toyota is to recall thousands of its cars to fix a potential problem with the accelerator pedal.
Under certain circumstances the pedal can stick in a partially depressed position, or return slowly to the off position.
The vehicles involved are:
- Aygo (built between February 2005 and August 2009)
- iQ (November 2008 - November 2009)
- Yaris (November 2005 - September 2009)
- Auris (October 2006 - January 2010)
- Corolla (October 2006 - December 2009)
- Verso (February 2009 - January 2010)
- Avensis (November 2008 - December 2009)
- RAV4 (November 2005 - November 2009).
This problem has already affected some 2.3 million vehicles in the US. The recall for UK cars is part of a 1.8-million vehicle recall across Europe.
Concerned customers can call a special hotline - 0800 138 8744 - for more information. Once Toyota has identified which cars may be affected by this problem, they will contact the relevant owners with an official recall notice.