- SEAT adds sporty looks to Ateca range
- FR model brings bodykit and minor interior changes
- Two petrol and two diesel engines available
With sporty-looking crossovers becoming increasingly popular, SEAT is now offering an FR model into the Ateca range. Available to order from July 2017, models will arrive in showrooms in October with prices beginning from £24,960 for the 1.4 Eco TSI 150PS version.
For the Ateca, the FR will sit below the current top-spec Xcellence model and will feature:
- 18-inch alloy wheels (larger 19-inch items optional)
- Body-coloured wheelarches and side skirts with silver detailing
- Rear roof spoiler, black window frames and front grille
- FR badging front and rear, as well as on the roof rails and window frames
Inside, there will be minor additions in the form of:
- FR badging and red stitching on the steering wheel
- Alcantara seats and black roof and door mouldings
- SEAT drive mode selector and ambient lighting
Euro 6 engine range
There will be a range of petrol and diesel engines available producing between 150hp and 190hp. The current 1.4-litre 150hp petrol engine will be joined by a new 2.0-litre producing 190hp as seen on our long-term Audi A3. The 2.0-litre diesel in 150hp and 190hp formats remain the same as before.
Producing 129g/km CO2 and commanding a 27% charge, selecting the 2.0-litre 150hp diesel 4Drive will yield a BIK tax rating of just under £128 per month for a 20% taxpayer (or £256 for a 40% taxpayer), a £2 per month increase over the equivalent Xcellence model.
The 4Drive all-wheel drive system will be fitted as standard on all 2.0-litre engines, while the higher-powered 190hp engines will be fitted with a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox only.
SEAT Ateca FR prices
The full range of On-The-Road prices for the SEAT Ateca FR is as follows:
- 1.4 Eco TSI 150 PS (manual) - £24,960
- 1.4 Eco TSI 150 PS (DSG auto) - £26,340
- 2.0 TSI 190 PS 4Drive (DSG auto) - £29,760
- 2.0 TDI 150 PS 4Drive (manual) - £28,410
- 2.0 TDI 190 PS 4Drive (DSG auto) - £30,930