- We take a closer look at the all-new Kia Sorento
- First deliveries are expected in early 2015
- Could the Kia Sorento be your next company car choice?
It may not be the biggest-selling car in the firm's range here in the UK, but the Kia Sorento is still a key model for the manufacturer and the firm has high hopes for the next-generation model when it arrives in early 2015.
Here we take a closer look at the key figures and features of the all-new Kia Sorento to help you decide if it should be your next company car choice.
- The new Kia Sorento will be available here in the UK in seven-seat configuration only
- One engine will be available from launch – a 2.2-litre diesel
- The next-generation car is lower, wider and longer than the previous version offering more interior space
- Boot space has expanded from 515 to 605 litres over the current model and there’s a new underfloor cover storage compartment as well as a longer cargo bay floor
- Kia is promising improved handling and better ride quality courtesy of a revised chassis and new steering system
- Design changes include revised front and rear bumpers, new headlamps and a refreshed grille design
- We are expecting four equipment lines; KX-1, KX-2, KX-2 sat-nav and KX-3
- The second row seats are equipped with ‘remote folding’ controlled by two levers in the boot
- New features will include an Around-View Monitor camera which will help parking and an electronic tailgate which opens the boot lid automatically when the key is detected close by
- There is a range of new safety features available including adaptive cruise control, a lane departure warning system, blind spot monitoring and a collision warning system
To find out more about the Kia Sorento read our full review of the current model here.