- Read all the latest updates from our long-term fleet
- We live with them to really get under their skin
- Fuel consumption calculated from real-world driving
The Parkers team has a fleet of cars that we use on a regular basis in order to find out exactly what they are like to live with.
This gives us a deeper insight into what you can expect from ownership, highlighting any problems that only appear after several thousand miles, and what fuel economy you'll get in the real world.
What we're currently running - Parkers has one of the largest long term fleets in the business, find out what we're running now
Parkers Adventure drives - Extended road tests on some of the best roads in the world, because sometimes only an Alpine test will do
Previously on the Parkers Fleet - chances are we've lived with the very car you're thinking about buying
What's new this week?
|Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 4 - High Hopes||Fuel-sipping Swift
||Getting a grip|
|Eclipse Cross vs the future - Outlander PHEV compared
||How much fuel do you save while stationary?
||We take the Peugeot 5008 off-road|
The BMW 1 Series is set to be replaced next year, but is the 340hp six-cylinder M140i hot hatch version good enough to purchase now, before it's phased out? We're running one to find out.
- Mileage: 1,279
- Fuel consumption: 35.0mpg
- Latest update: 08 October 2018
SEAT's brand new Arona has joined us just as the weather starts to hot up. Follow us throught the heatwave as we get our first driving impressions of the baby SUV and we take the car on a 'Pasty Run' to Cornwall plus an in-depth analysis of the 'Beats Audio' installation.
- Mileage: 6427
- Average combined fuel consumption: 49.7mpg (72.2% of official mpg)
- Latest update: 15 November 2018
Our Mazda 6 Tourer is stuffed with standard equipment, but is the petrol engine up to scratch in a large estate?
- Mileage: 1,661
- Fuel consumption: 35.1mpg
- Latest update: 24 July 2018
Can Peugeot's off-road-a-like seven-seater convince perennial crossover naysayer Keith WR Jones?
- Mileage: 9,844
- Fuel consumption: 34.9mpg
- Latest update: 1 November 2018
We take delivery of van-based seven-seat Caddy Maxi Life, and immediately wonder how much more practical a small car could possibly be.
- Mileage: 692
- Average combined fuel consumption: 46.9mpg
- Latest update: 31 October 2018
An Audi A5 Cabriolet has joined the Parkers fleet to make the most of the British summer.
Audi A5, or Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet. It's a tough choice, so we put them back to back to find out.
- Mileage: 7,462 miles
- Fuel consumption: 35.2mpg
- Latest update: 19 October 2018
It's a focused hot-hatch, but how does the 308 stand up as a long-distance cruiser - five hours in the figure-hugging seats is enough to find out!
- Mileage: 3,259
- Fuel consumption: 30.9mpg
- Latest update: 19 October 2018
It's a crossover that crosses many genres at once, and ticks a lot of boxes for Richard Kilpatrick - who's running our long-term Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 4.
Finding out why this is one of the fastest-growing sectors for car manufacturers, we're also discovering what happens when masters of the off-road 4x4 go for the urban environment.
In this update, Richard gets some time with the Outander PHEV - a plug-in hybrid that shares a lot of DNA with the Eclipse, yet is very different.
- Mileage: 4,834
- Fuel consumption: 36.4mpg
- Latest update: 16 October 2018
Vans Editor CJ gets to grips with a petrol-powered, five-seat VW van with a surprising amount of horsepower. We've finished the running-in period, so it's time to discover if life will be rosy now we've ditched diesel commercial vehicles.
- Mileage: 8,160
- Fuel consumption: 24.5mpg
- Latest update: 14 October 2018
What exactly is a Skoda Octavia vRS Estate and how does it fit into the range? What engines and tech can you get? We find out.
- Mileage: 2,781
- Average combined fuel consumption: 33mpg
- Latest update: 11 October 2018
Suzuki's 975kg Swift Sport joins the Parkers fleet in the capable hands of Video Manager and resident young person James Dennison. Is a lightweight performance hatch the perfect antidote in a world where cars forever seem to be getting heavier?
- Mileage: 6,424
- Average combined fuel consumption: 42.8mpg
- Latest update: 9 October 2018
Renault's all-electric small hatchback. Based on the Clio, the French company claims it does 250 miles per charge in its labratory tests. We're here to find out just how realistic that is, and what life's like post petrol.
- Mileage: 3,157
- Battery range: 146.5 of 174 miles, 84.2% range
- Latest update: 28 September 2018
How easy is it to live with an electric car when your commute's 76 miles each-way?
- Energy consumption: 0.30kWh/mile
- Latest update: 25 September 2018
The third electric car on the Parkers fleet gets pressed into service. It's smooth, refined and very grown up. But does it stack up as a daily driver?
- Mileage: 1,201
- Energy consumption: 0.33kWh/mile
- Latest update: 25 September 2018
We're taking on an Approved Used Volvo V40 to run on a long-term basis. It was supplied via the Volvo Selekt programme, which promises to treat used car owners the same as new ones. Let's see if that's actually the case.
- Mileage: 20,574
- Fuel consumption: 54.3mpg
- Latest update: 10 September 2018
The Mazda 3 is one of the most underrated medium hatchbacks, but has it got what it takes to warrant your money when there are so many appealing alternatives? We're living with this sensible and affordable 2.0 120hp petrol Mazda 3 Sport Black for three months to see if it's up to scratch.
- Mileage: 2,790
- Fuel consumption: 41.7mpg
- Latest update: 2 September 2018
The Parkers Car of the Year has been put into action on the airport run, and our man discovers a few foibles in an otherwise impressive package.
- Mileage: 8,564
- Fuel consumption: 49.7mpg
- Latest update: 29 August 2018
Continued exploration means our Kodiaq Scout gots on a voyage of (Land-Rover) Discovery - we compare the seven-seater giants.
- Mileage: 8,362
- Fuel consumption: 41.3mpg
- Latest update: 17 August 2018
How much photography kit can you fit in the back of a SEAT Leon ST estate? Oh and leave some room for a couple of guitars too. Our bootspace expert Stu Collins has high expectations of this one.
- Mileage: 6,075
- Fuel consumption: 51.3mpg
- Latest update: 23 July 2018
Packing as many miles into a test car as the manufacturer will allow - because sometimes to get a proper handle you need a decent road trip.
Editor Keith Adams takes Audi's super estate for a valedictory blast on the challenging, and often mountainous roads of Cumbria. Can the RS 6's impending replacement improve on what is already a technically flawless car?