Ad closing in seconds...
View all MINI Convertible owner reviews
MINI 2004 Convertible

Want to know everything there is to know about this car?

• Summary

4 out of 5 4.0

What does this car say about you?

Im fun, open and a little bit cheeky!

What do your friends / family / neighbours think of the car?

Everyone loves it except my sister, because it messes up her hair. But I fixed that with a wind deflector - so all happy!

Would you buy this car again and why?

Yes and No. Yes - because I love it to bits, its so fun to drive and really turns heads. No - The roof broke and has been a financial burden since, being 19 years old I can't be doing with forking out £1000 to get my car repaired which only cost £8000 in the first place - that's quite a few nights out down the drain in one hit!

What are you likely to buy next?

I fancy getting either the newer shape MINI hatchback or the new shape fiesta, possibly the latter as I had a fiesta before and was so cheap to run/maintain compared to my baby MINI cabrio :(

• Buying experience

5 out of 5 5.0

Type of dealer you bought from?

Independent

Did you buy this car new?

What price did you pay?

£8,000

When did you buy the car?

May 2009

Did you get a good deal and why?

I thought it was a great price, seeing as it had only done 37,000 miles!

Is there any special reason why you bought this car?

I wanted a convertible and I wanted a MINI, so I bought a MINI convertible!

What was the dealer like?

Very exotic, they also sold Porsche, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Bentley, BMW etc.

• Driving it

5 out of 5 5.0

What's it like to drive?

AMAZING! Its so crisp/precise and a joy to drive! Great handling and pretty nippy when you want it to be.

What's it like to park?

Took a while to get used to with the roof up due to restricted rear view, but the parking sensors really help and its so small it can be parked anywhere!

• Living with it

4 out of 5 4.0

Have you had any problems with the car?

The roof broke about 6 months after purchase and was supposed to cost an eye watering £2000 to repair! Luckily MINI stumped up the parts for free as a goodwill gesture, so only had to pay for labour, which was still a hefty £960!

What's most practical about your car?

There isn't anything practical, apart from its small size!

Favourite gadget, option or accessory?

Rain sensitive windscreen wipers and fully electric folding roof.

Sidebar Right